Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:57 AM
To: Lorenzo Marcantonio ; Kicad Developers
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Highlithing components with a certain value

I have only now noticed  that naming the checkbox "mark all components" is
not so good because there is a button called "find marker", and here,
"marker" means something completely different (DRC marker)

But I think, the "find" dialog is not a good place for this. Yes, I want to
"find" a marker. But, as far I can see, this button only "finds" the next
marker, and the search field is ignored. So, it's not a "ctrl-f" function at
all.

Ok, here's what I suggest:
- Move this function to the DCR dialog. Honestly, this is where you would
suppose the button that shows you the next DRC marker. And it's near the
"remove all markers" then.

- add a button to the "find" dialog saying "remove all marks"

- maybe find a new word for "mark" for this purpose we are discussing about
here that is not so near the "DRC marker". "highligtht"? I still think, just
highlighting is not enough...

This way, everything is where you would expect it.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Simon Huwyler