Re: Regression Testing

2013/4/30 Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> On 04/29/2013 03:04 AM, Edwin van den Oetelaar wrote:
> > Just found this paper.
> > http://swwxguitesting.wefi.net/MPhilThesisChapterSwWxGuiTesting.pdf (about automated gui
> > testing with wx)
> > I personally think more gui code should move from C++ to python for easy development and
> > interactive testing.
> > Keep it going!!
> > Greetings,
> > Edwin van den Oetelaar
>

> I agree with you, to the extent that having some new code in wxPthon is likely to
> accelerate the evolution of KiCad to near epic speed.  Simply categorizing, organizing,
> and gathering, will be an extreme challenge.  Even some terminology must be agreed upon so
> that we can talk about it.  Types of scripts: python on C++, or python under C++ UI, etc.
>
> Both are possible, we need names to even talk, to even have a conversation.  There are
> leadership opportunities here.
>
> For non-windows users, this can begin now.  For windows users, probably within days, based
> on Brian's work.
>
> Converting old C++ to python is not on anyone's radar that I am aware of however.
>
> Dick

I will try to talk to Miguel about ways to approach this, no clear
vision in my mind yet.
The development speed of python is much greater as I found out personally.
I am not a python expert nor a C++ expert (I guess only Bjarne
Stroustrup knows everything about it).
The idea is to prevent needless (complex) work and improve efficiency,
short roundtrips etc, not waste time by doing thing over again.
I will try to contribute if I can.
Have a good koninginnedag too. (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koninginnedag, we now have a new king :-)
)