Re: Title block date in pcbnew

> I have something on my list for the far away future, unless anybody gets there first and
> that's variable substitution for strings. It would be nice if we could have text with
> variable expansion, such as things like ${SheetTitle}, ${ModifiedDate}, ${ProjectName} etc.
>
> We could add this to the shelf of "Cool stuff to do in the future when everything else is
> going well". It would take a lot of work to do, and I always wanted to implement it in
> both eeschema and PCBNEW.
>
> Best Regards, Brian.

You are up too late.  But I am sure you are working on something important.

Been doing something like that ${} in fp lib table dialog, but only access to environment
variables.

Grep:

    void populateEnvironReadOnlyTable()

This is not for output modification, but for cross platform portability, so you can reboot
OSes or move your project to a different computer and still have a valid FOOTPRINT LIBRARY
TABLE.

Still looking forward to playing with some kind of lean python expression evaluator
wrapper.  Maybe that can be a C++ wrapper class which makes spawning a short lived python
interpreter easy.  Like real easy.

Dick