Re: Title block date in pcbnew

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 03:36:03PM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> You will have to find the code where the date is automatically updated, and comment it or
> remove it.

It's the gen_date function I talked about the other day...

> I just know that there are *many* VCS users, and they can yell even louder than you Lorenzo.

That's the reason for ISO having more than one date (and with the
approval/revision system there are waaay more:D); However detecting
the last 'modification' is not easy (BTW there are still buglets where
you change thing and the save button isn't getting enabled). Also the
concept of modification is somewhat vague: does the drawing get a new
date if I aligned a couple of labels to make it prettier? Technically it
should but in practice it doesn't since the design doesn't change...

I'm a VCS user too (svn, to be exact) but I'm careful to not save if
I don't touch a thing. And if someone wants the file date, pick it from the
OS:P Also IIRC the date field in the title block is quite wide, so there
is place for many of them.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl