Re: Patch for hand-modifiable issue date

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 11:43:29AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> You have done the research.
> I am not informed on the details.  I would probably look into busybox
> "date" source for ideas.

Well, busybox 'delegates' the issue:

/* This 'date' command supports only 2 time setting formats,
   all the GNU strftime stuff (its in libc, lets use it),
   setting time using UTC and displaying it, as well as
   an RFC 2822 compliant date output for shell scripting
   mail commands */

In short, it uses straight libc to do its work... if it wasn't for cross-platform portability it would be easy in C too (all standard POSIX/SUS stuff)

However wx has not (portable) locale access in wx 2.8; if nobody has a better idea
I'll implement the thing with locale for 2.9 and a default format for 2.8
(better ideas for user configurable formats must specify where the user format
should be put:D)

I wonder *when* 2.9 will go stable...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio