Re: Flash/Pad support

On 06/04/2013 03:32 PM, Adam Wolf wrote:
> Align and distribute support in Kicad would be useful, and one of the
> features I want the most--however, when I looked at the code to work
> on it, it did not seem like something I could do.  It would be
> interesting to see what the dev team thinks, and if they have thoughts
> on what they'd approve and "how to get there from here."
>
> Adam Wolf
> Wayne and Layne, LLC

:) I anticipate I would use it occasionally.

Not sure about the thread below, I usually like to define terms before having a discussion.

Most graphical editing programs have the ability to "select" a number of objects, and have
that selection live for a few minutes.  While selected, it is possible to operate on the
objects in the selection.  A "group" can mean different things in different programs, so I
defer to the person taking to the time to define it.

Without "multiple object selection", doing "align and distribute" is crazy weird.

But since I want everything I can get for free, I am in favor of somebody else writing
this, just not me since that would not be free to me.  :)

Dick