Re: Install KiCad on non Ubuntu distros - best way?

Actually following the instructions from here:
http://baby.bedroom.gen.nz/~clive/kicad-re/tutorial/kicad-mainline-debian-install.php

I do not seem to be able to compile KiCad on a Debian 7, 64 bit
machine. Error here:

$ sudo make -j 4
Scanning dependencies of target boost
Scanning dependencies of target potrace
[  0%] Performing patch step for 'boost'
[  0%] [  0%] Building CXX object potrace/CMakeFiles/potrace.dir/bitmap_io.cpp.o
Building CXX object potrace/CMakeFiles/potrace.dir/curve.cpp.o
Scanning dependencies of target bitmaps
[  0%] bzr: ERROR: unknown command "patch"
Building CXX object potrace/CMakeFiles/potrace.dir/decompose.cpp.o
make[2]: *** [../.downloads-by-cmake/boost_1_53_0/src/boost-stamp/boost-patch]
Error 3
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/boost.dir/all] Error 2
[  1%] Building CXX object potrace/CMakeFiles/potrace.dir/greymap.cpp.o

Google does not help much with "bzr: ERROR: unknown command "patch""

Any idea?

thanks
Fabrizio