Re: Why pcbnew is statting so much?

On 08/04/2013 02:09 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 8/4/2013 2:32 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 02:08:17PM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>>> I apologize for the annoyance.  I've been on vacation and busy
>>> training for a bike race next weekend so I haven't spent as much
>>> time working on KiCad as I normally do.  Hopefully it wont be too
>>> much longer.  I'm close to having the footprint library table code
>>> done for CvPcb.  Please bear with me for a few more weeks.
>>
>> It's no problem, since the workaround is trivial (i.e. put the file
>> somewhere else). Just wanted to raise the flag if it wasn't noticed yet.
>>
>> Have good vacations :D
>>

> A better option would be to do an #export
> KISYSMOD="/path/to/footprint/libraries".  This will prevent the path
> search from occurring.  This was done for debugging new footprint
> libraries.  If the KISYSMOD environment variable is defined when Pcbnew
> is started, it will respect the user's preference and not ....

  ...try and set environment variable KISYSMOD itself [period].

(having the term "library search paths" in that same sentence could cause confusion, since
it mixes mutually exclusive paradigms.)

    not:  "...use any of the library search paths."

(The sooner we can stop talking about library search paths the less confused I will be.
This whole effort is an attempt to kill off that concept.)

KISYSMOD is merely a path fragment, i.e. an abbreviation, not a search path.  It is no
different than any other environment variable which you might use in an fp lib table,
except that Wayne makes a big effort to set KISYSMOD for you if you forget.