Re: Python Scripting on Windows with KiCad-Winbuilder

On 4 August 2013 21:21, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08/04/2013 02:59 PM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >

> >     (2) I get attribute errors when running either of the footprint
> wizards, but the main
> >     body of code appears to be working, it just looks like some API
> breakage or something.
> >

> > I just build 4267 and the footprint wizard problems have gone away.
> Looks like everything
> > is good there. Just a problem with the PyCrust console. I assume that
> this is not a global
> > problem and is something specific to the Windows python scripting build?
> It's the last
> > thing to fix now.
>
> Either 1) the swig generated *.cc file must be manually deleted, or 2) you
> have do a "make
> clean" before building "scripting enabled" pcbnew.  Ensure that, then
> report back if still
> problems, else not.

I removed them manually before it would build correctly as there were a few
changes which had fixed the footprint wizards. The PyCrust console still
hangs when focused on a new build.

> > I'm going to apply the CMake changes to KiCad now to support
> Python-a-mingw-us. It should
> > be safe.
>
> or awesome.

Committed in 4268.

> That readline module was never tested by me, and I am not sure what
causes it to even
> load.  Let me know if and when you understand that.  :)   We had been
running without it
> for a couple of months fine.

I have renamed this to stop it loading, and this means the interactive
sessions work. However, it does not stop PyCrust hanging. We could just
temporarily disable this module in Python-a-mingw-us, but I've just done a
debug build of Python-a-mingw-us to see what's going on with that module.

Best Regards,

Brian.