Re: BUG FIX: module text move

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 07:44:59AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> The obvious should also be noted, and that is that if you first take the time to move the
> text out from under your small SMT component (say a small R or C), then you don't have
> this selection clarification menu popup, nor do you have the need to have a module
> selection tool.  Simply click on the part body and not the module text, *even while the
> text is visible*.  That is your module selection tool, it looks like you when looking in
> the mirror.  In my footprint libraries, I don't put the text under my footprints to save
> this initial step.

I find the text 'outside' the module very distracting, especially when
you have banks of discrete components (so that one text goes more or
less on the middle of the next part). Also in assembly drawing the text
should be shown on the insertion point, not on the silk location (for
obvious cross checking reasons :D); since there is no such feature
I usually left out the silk and only do the assembly (there would be no
place anyway for all these reference on the silk!); in short I mostly
work with no text at all on the screen...

Another thing (maybe that's workflow related)... I don't usually care
what that specific component is, I follow the track/ratnest for that.
As for the dual monitor crossprobing that would be a good idea if a) had
a second monitor and b) my pc actually supported it:P:P I find a dual
desktop crossprobing a useful solution anyway (better than nothing).

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl