Re: Kicad Tool Framework

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:00:35PM +0200, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> occasional segfaults and geometry errors). It's also awfully slow on
> larger boards because of no spatial indexing (but at least the GUI
> itself is not sluggish, fortunately wx is not Swing/SWT :D ).

One on my biggest point against freerouter... the other one is java-2d
blurred graphic (they call it antialiasing, I only see a huge blur). The
funny thing is that 90% of the stuff on boards is at 45 degrees
multiples, so no antialiasing would be in fact necessary!

Did you evaluate some spatial index for the speed issue? AFAIK r-trees
are already available in boost, k-d trees are not *too* much difficult
to implement (did it one time years ago, but for points, not bigger
entities... I don't remember if they can hold bounding boxes, for
example). As usual split and rebalancing are the tricky areas...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl