Re: Kicad Tool Framework

On 08/12/2013 06:24 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:

Did you evaluate some spatial index for the speed issue? AFAIK r-trees
are already available in boost, k-d trees are not *too* much difficult
to implement (did it one time years ago, but for points, not bigger
entities... I don't remember if they can hold bounding boxes, for
example). As usual split and rebalancing are the tricky areas...

I have an r-tree implementation, but didn't have time to test it yet. Getting the algorithm to work stably is the first goal. Optimization is the next one.

Tom