Re: GITHUB_PLUGIN

----- Original Message -----

KiCAD has changed homes a few times with launchpad being the latest.  Since it is currently on launchpad I can't imagine any serious developer wanting to waste time migrating it (and especially the commit logs) unless there is something seriously wrong with bzr (which there isn't as far as I know). I prefer git but the project uses bzr, so I use bzr. With my clients I'm frequently forced to use svn and I curse endlessly, but if that's the VCS that they use that's their business. I've seen projects die because there were too many silly people fighting over their favorite VCS and wasting time moving the code from host to host.

I don't see how hosting on github will make the project any more visible than hosting on launchpad. KiCAD is certainly well known in the *NIX community.  I can't speak for MSWin users.

- Cirilo