Re: Experiments and considerations for more layer

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 08:55:31PM -0600, Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:
> that's another 26 (or more) layers.  Still think 64 will be
> enough?

I said it was a mid-term solution.

> BTW, long long is part of the C standard and excluded from the C++
> standard.  Good luck with Windows (it doesn't support it in C++).

int64_t is in the standard. And mingw supports long long on windows
anyway...

> The best approach is to make the layer a full class and only use
> accessor functions, or overload the bitwise logical and arithmetic
> operators.  I did that, but nobody was interested at the time.

If you re-read my first message that would be the long term plan anyway.
How did you represent literals? What about the missing compiler
folding? These things are used a lot, there could be performance
implications.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl