Track cleanup (broken or changed?)

I remember last time I did a board the track cleanup function
a) merged consecutive parallel track segments and
b) removed zero length segments

also *way* more time ago it deleted 'floating' tracks; I agree that's
not desiderable since kills tuning stubs and some kind of guard loops.

However the 'track merge' behaviour was very useful (especially due to
the 'limitation' of the drag track tool). Zero length segment also pop
up quite often (example: drag this

----
    \
     ----

to this (typical cleanup operation)

----0----

I think the desired behaviour for the cleanup function is to obtain
a single segment from the three above.

What is the design decision for not doing so anymore? in that case, what
is meant with the merge option in the dialog?

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl

Follow ups