Re: Interprocess, scripts, and other

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 11:32:56PM +0200, Miguel Angel wrote:
> > I would be interested in his spare time solve these issues. I think
> > for scripting would be ideal to take lua, since it can be built right
> > into the kicad (have MIT licence and less binary 100k code).
> > As the IPC to take POSIX shared memory objects, or any cross platform.
> > What do you advise?
>
> Any implementation must be cross platform. Keep in mind that any
> implementation
> must run in windows/macosx/linux at least.

Also: there is already a pipe (a socket, actually) between eeschema and
pcbnew for crossprobing. And I hope cvpcb will disappear being
integrated in eeschema. Problem solved then :D

If you are looking for another IPC method I thing ZeroMQ could be
interesting (like dbus on steroids).

>From the original mail the core feature he's proposing is more
pinswap/gateswap than cross-program scripting.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl