Re: Failed to build boost, any changes recently?

Succumbing to top posting:

I just checked in a fix to the Linux scripting builds (i.e. DSO form) with GITHUB_PLUGIN
enabled.   (So you should soon update to avoid merge conflicts.)

I enhanced IO_MGR::GuessPluginTypeFromLibPath() to support GITHUB_PLUGIN.  You can also
use it from python.

This means you could use lib_convert.py to download and install locally any github based
footprint library in about 3 seconds, just by making that the lib_source argument.

Why you'd want to do that is if you were on a boat without internet access.

Had to add -fPIC to boost compile, so I could link those static boost libraries into the
DSO.  (Starting to appreciate header only libraries now.)

Added the github_plugin "cmake library target" to the python DSO.  This target is magic in
that it brings in all dependent libraries with the one target name, see line 62 of
github/CMakeLists.txt.  This is the way to do it for Windows please, consolidate everthing
under that one target name please.

I am moving on now, the linux support for GITHUB_PLUGIN seems solid, although my testing
of only a quantity 2 footprint library does not mean it is yet.  It certainly looks
outstanding though.

Dick