Re: Cairo rendering backend

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 08:59:05PM +0100, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:

> IMHO the real reason for keeping the software renderer are the Linux users
> who bought/got hardware that doesn't work reliably under Linux (some ATI/S3
> cards, people who want only F/OSS drivers). If this is a significant group
> (and even better, if someone from that group would participate), we might
> improve the wx backend or write a scanline renderer optimized for PCB
> geometry (concept similar to Quake 1 engine).

Ouch... the scanline renderer seems overkill:D

I think that targeting from the i945 and later and the F/OSS drivers for ATI/NVIDIA should be enough. I think these are sufficiently performant for the kind of video processing we need.

Also good luck installing proprietary drivers on non rpm or deb based
systems...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl