github roll-out plans

Switching from openssl thread to a new one:

> With GITHUB_PLUGIN now available to ~ 90% of the KiCad user base (omitting OSX?), I now
> look forward to folks putting footprint libraries on github and bragging about them, under
> the leadership of Carl Poirier, who has scripts and know how on how to publish them so
> that they can be "installed" by a single copy and paste through a webbrowser into the
> fp-lib-table editor.
>
> I look forward to that affecting my productivity in a positive way, so that I can spend
> less time looking for footprints, and more time making boards.
>
> I would look forward to collaboration on sharing the "pretty on github publishing" know
> how on kicad-pcb.org in the form of documentation, and a link to that write up making it
> to the kicad-user mailing list.  Because I think this would spur more sharing, and yet
> again help my productivity in making boards.
>
> Question: does google index any of the github content, or is it simply too much?  If yes,
> then this is yet another way to find KiCad specific footprints rapidly after this
> publishing gets some legs.  You should be able to google for
>
>    kicad_mod <package_name>
>
> and turn up something.

I think it would be great if we could gather up some prizes (cash, goodies) of some kind,
and award them to a "best footprint library maintainer" every six months or so.

OK, it's out there, now I hope the community can run with this stuff, OK !?

(I've got programming work and board work to do.  No time for library management, and I
don't have the expertise either.)