Re: OpenSSL-CMake build system

> I commented this out because CMake barfs if you pass CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE as a blank
> value. I left it in, but commented out for exactly this sort of feedback. I've included it
> in a conditional which checks to see if CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE is blank.

Well done, perfect solution.

one extra comment line we don't need now, due to your magic and amazing build system work
on OPENSSL:

   # this requires that perl be installed:

Any luck getting this CMake work accepted upstream on any of your numerous upstream CMake
efforts?

>     d) Seems to need another new line at end of file, see very bottom.
>

>     > It builds on the excellent work you did on downloading
>     > and building openssl,
>
>     I was passing the baton, knowing and hoping you'd step in and make it work for the most
>     difficult platform.  Trying to save you some initial work.
>
>     You continue to be an MVP.
>
>     Dick
>

> Excellent, this is now in place in BZR4447.
>
> KiCad-Winbuilder 3.1 (Literally minutes old) now includes support for the GAL default
> build as well as enabling FP_LIB_TABLE and GITHUB_PLUGIN so as to maximise the exposure of
> those features to beta-testers. There are easy-to-configure options in KiCad-Winbuilder to
> disable these options if someone wants to run the latest KiCad build without them enabled.
>
> We should now expect feedback on those features to increase.

With GITHUB_PLUGIN now available to ~ 90% of the KiCad user base (omitting OSX?), I now
look forward to folks putting footprint libraries on github and bragging about them, under
the leadership of Carl Poirier, who has scripts and know how on how to publish them so
that they can be "installed" by a single copy and paste through a webbrowser into the
fp-lib-table editor.

I look forward to that affecting my productivity in a positive way, so that I can spend
less time looking for footprints, and more time making boards.

I would look forward to collaboration on sharing the "pretty on github publishing" know
how on kicad-pcb.org in the form of documentation, and a link to that write up making it
to the kicad-user mailing list.  Because I think this would spur more sharing, and yet
again help my productivity in making boards.

Question: does google index any of the github content, or is it simply too much?  If yes,
then this is yet another way to find KiCad specific footprints rapidly after this
publishing gets some legs.  You should be able to google for

   kicad_mod <package_name>

and turn up something.