Re: OpenSSL-CMake build system

On 8 November 2013 16:42, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I commented this out because CMake barfs if you pass
> CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE as a blank
> > value. I left it in, but commented out for exactly this sort of
> feedback. I've included it
> > in a conditional which checks to see if CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE is blank.
>

> Well done, perfect solution.
>
> one extra comment line we don't need now, due to your magic and amazing
> build system work
> on OPENSSL:
>
>    # this requires that perl be installed:
>

> Any luck getting this CMake work accepted upstream on any of your numerous
> upstream CMake
> efforts?

Oops, missed that comment. I've removed it now.

There hasn't been any luck in getting the CMake build systems integrated
into any of the projects yet, but to be fair I haven't really put in any
effort to get patches accepted. Most require some additional work before
approaching the project developer lists because of known missing feature
support. For example, the wxWidgets CMake build system is lacking support
for building a GTK version on Linux and that's used quite heavily. Once
that support is in place it would probably be worth asking them. Then of
course there'd need to be an equivalent of wx-config as this is a bash
script and doesn't work on Windows without a bash shell.

Best Regards,

Brian.