Re: footprint library help needed

On 10/30/2013 10:31 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

> With the advent of the fp_lib_table support, we encounter some ill effects of long
> footprint library names.  Please see row 61 in attached *.png file.
>
> What I suggest be done:
>
> a) *Nicknames*: revise the template/fp-lib-table file wrt nicknames:
>   i) no longer than 25 characters
>   ii) adopt a consistent choice of capitalization
>

> b) shorten the name of *Library Path* entries, this means renaming most footprint
> libraries in the bzr repo to remove any reference to date or revision and to remove any
> inclusion of part names.
>

> c) add the previously existing references to part names which were in the library names,
> into the "Description" column of the fp-lib-table if the author so desires.

c) was modified to "Description" field should include about 50- 80 characters of
descriptive text, not necessarily originating from the filename.

Carl,

Any progress on a), b) or c)?

Will you be able to provide a new <kicad_src>/_global fp-lib-table soon, with updated
Descriptions field?

If not please say approximately when.

Thanks very much,

Dick