Re: KiCad patch sets break build

On 2013-11-12, at 1:04 PM, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/12/2013 11:33 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>>
>>> Just for reference, 4451 builds clean on Mac while 4452 and more recent break.
>>>
>>> ...I just launched another build attempt using "latest" which includes Brian's 4459
>>> commits and it's still broken.
>>>
>>> Best-guess, there's something about the removal of "if( BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN )"
>>> conditionals in 4452
>>> (http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-testing-committers/kicad/testing/revision/4452) that
>>> needs resolving.
[deletia]
> If the command line steps are so radically different that it would entail munging
>
>   download_boost.cmake
>
> to the point of being unreadable, then a separate file could be created that is OSX
> specific, and the nested file choice can be made at the point of calling include().

Hi Dick,

Here's a least-invasive patch to get the boost component compiling on "APPLE" platform again:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~andrew-plumb/+junk/download_boost_apple_cmake/revision/4463?compare_revid=4459

In theory, the CMakeModules/download_boost_apple.cmake file should copy over the original CMakeModules/download_boost.cmake and "just work" for all platforms, but I'm not in a position to test that theory at this time.

Gotta pick my battles. :-)

Andrew.

--

"The future is already here.  It's just not very evenly distributed" -- William Gibson

Me: http://clothbot.com/wiki/