Re: Development of IDFv3 export

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 12:41:52PM -0800, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
> Thanks, that explanation is very helpful. Although the component edge cutouts can certainly be implemented, I doubt it's a commonly used feature. I'll forget about that use case then.

It pops up in the feature requests about once a month:P
The real issue is that in module often only a piece of the edges can be
defined (example: card edge or RAST connectors), so contour validity can
be checked only when *all* the edges have been collected. It *could* be
done, but it's now done currently. Also, depending on the grid could be
difficult do match the board level edges endpoints with the one defined
in modules (i.e. it would be difficult for the user, too).

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl