testing has been renamed to product

The "testing" branch has been renamed to "product".

This may make some links in your <repo>/.bzr/branch/branch.conf files errant.

If you have a checkout, i.e. bound branch from the testing repo, see if

$ bzr up

stops working.  If not, no worries.  If it does stop working:

you can either edit this file with a text editor, or often an easier solution is to go
into your working tree and do:

$ bzr bind lp:kicad

which will cause bzr to edit the said file for you itself refreshing the link to the
"product" branch.  If you had used lp:kicad originally to checkout the branch, there is a
change it will still work.  lp:kicad seems to be like a neutral alias to what was
"testing" and now is "product".

This change was discussed by the lead developers at length and it was felt that the name
"testing" was too foreboding, and was scaring people away from using it.

The "stable" branch often has more bugs in it than "testing" does.  I regret ever creating
it.  The lifetime of a bug in product is usually shorter.  We wanted more folks using what
is now "product", so that the bug lifetime would even get shorter, you know, more eyes and
testers.

Wayne and Jean-Pierre may identify periods of quiet, or increased reliability within the
product branch, so that you can take your production snapshots during those periods.

Dick

Follow ups