Python&QA vs OSX ...

 Following the last email, regarding QA, I wanted to publicly ask for help
with OSX, I'm dropping my work on this platform.

  I started to collaborate on this project to help where I'm good at, ...
but then my old laptop died, and I jumped into a Mac... since then, this is
been swallowing most of my available time with KiCad.

     There were ways to build (for your self) on OSX , and it actually
worked thanks to Marco Serantoni and Jerry's work to support OSX(AFAIK),
but there were no ways to share, and as I'm a developer, I like sharing and
feedback from others...

     As far as I know, at this moment, Marco keeps working on the platform,
to keep building possible, and easier, and Adam Wolf has plans to work on
the automated dmg build... that will be awesome.

     I retreat, I know OSX is a platform with a lot of users, and they seem
to like KiCad, but... it only made my time as a developer miserable, I
didn't enjoy it too much, because every time I wanted to go on on the
python part, or QA, or anything, I had to fight again and again with a
platform that it was new to me ...  If I had more available time, that
wouldn't be a problem (I suppose) because I could do both things.., but I
feel my python part has a long way ahead and I want to use my available
time on that.

    That being said, I hope that we'll have more volunteers to help with
KiCad/OSX, I've seen a lot of collaboration on github (kicadosxbuilder)
which I'm donating to the community... I asked all contributors and they
seem to agree that this code is good as GPL.

   Cheers,
Miguel Ángel

---
irc: ajo / mangelajo