Re: Revisiting the Git decision

On 02/05/2014 08:25 AM, Miguel Angel wrote:
> Well,  two interesting things here:
>
> 1) the git-bzr-ng looks great, we can add some documentation to the
> website based on what inkscape provides.
>     This should make people more used to git happier, and we have an
> easy migration path if something
>     goes wrong with launchpad or bzr (I don't foresee that, but ok).
>
> 2) Somebody commented that he had a script to sync bzr->git. Could you
> share it?, I'd love adding it to jenkins too
>     for syncing the product branch to github, Jenkins could take care of
> doing this work, and sending an email
>     if something goes wrong.
>
>     2.b) Even who knows, one day we could ask him to take the "pull
> requests" from github and send them as patches to the list...
>            or we can just setup github to send notifications on pull
> requests to this repository to the list...

FYI there's official git-bzr plugin that is distributed along git
sources. It's probably better to use this plugin instead of git-bzr-ng
for any permanent git-bzr bridges: the former, being in the official git
sources, is likely to be better maintained in the long term. The
kicad-source-mirror repository on github already uses it, the
instructions for importing new changes are on the wiki[1].

Cheers,
Povilas

[1]: https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-source-mirror/wiki