Re: Patch: CvPcb - bring footprint window to front when it is buried

On 5 February 2014 17:18, Henner Zeller <h.zeller@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I usually have a lot of windows stacked on my desktop, which often obscures
> the 'footprint window' in CvPcb. Pressing the 'view selected footprint'
> brings the window up the _first_ time, but when it is already  there, it
> stays buried - which is frustrating.
>
> So I created the following patch, that works well in Linux and does exactly
> how it should behave: bringing the window second in the stack of windows on
> the screen. The focus still stays on CvPcb, but the window is brought as
> much to the top as possible.
>
> I don't know if there is a special function in wxWidgets to achieve that,
> but the proposed method in the patch works fine. There is a slight chance
> that this might create a flicker-experience in some other OSes window
> managers, so please give suggestions how this could be worked around there,
> if it turns out to be a problem.
>
> View patch:
> https://github.com/hzeller/kicad/compare/master...make-existing-footprint-window-visible
>
> Download:
> https://github.com/hzeller/kicad/compare/master...make-existing-footprint-window-visible.diff
>
> Thanks,
>  -henner

Hi Henner,

Thanks for the patch. I'll get round to testing it tonight. If it
doesn't cause problems (I'm sure it won't) then I'll commit it for
you.

However, please note the coding style policy (
http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/DEV/Getting+Started ) as we don't use
this-> to refer to class members, simply omit this-> and refer to
class members directly.

Best Regards,

Brian.