Users view on latest release

Hello All

Hope I'm not upsetting the apple cart but thought I give a view on how a dumb user see's the latest releases.

Thanks to all of your help I'm not able to regularly build the latest cutting edge releases. I have noted a few things with this version.

Firstly trying to create a project is impossible, kicad just crashes either on creating or opening, I have to create it with the old "stable" release.

Secondly in eeschema I used to be able to place parts by just typing the parts name like "r" for a resistor, now this produces a results box with the whole library in it so i have to go and find it manually, I used to just click on the place part icon, click on the page, type "r" and hit enter and bingo, same applies for "c" ect and capapol brings up a search result with just one result so why not place it anyway.

Thirdly, I can't progress beyond the schematic capture! I have no idea how the new pcb libraries work and can't even assign pcb footprints to the schematic, I have tried reading the manual but being a "dumb user" it makes no sense at all and seems to explain principles rather than what to do about it. I search for the file that should hold the path to the libraries brings up so many files I have no idea which one to use. I realize this is a pre-release version but if it goes out like this many won't be able to use it.... I cannot work out how to point the program at the libraries location.

I hope that is of some help to you in understanding how the current release looks from a users point of view.

Kind regards
Simon