Re: Documentation footprint postscript/pdfs in kicad-library are HUGE bitmap images.

> I'd like to write a Makefile that generates new, higher quality
> postscripts, easy-updatable. What would be a commandline-call to
> pcbnew to do that ?

I don't think Kicad and its apps has any commandline options, else it has
been introduced recently without me knowing. There was once a try to
introduce some patches that enabled commandline options for every sort of
export. [1] I have used them happily at the time, but now they are too old
and are somewhat hard to uplevel for a bloke like me.

(I just tried printing, and it didn't work on my machine; but I
> remember to have seen on the list that I need to install some gtk tool
> to make it work).

I don't think printing even works on linux properly, at least not stable,
BUT the plot options works fine for me, and I have only used that, since it
can export to both pdf and ps, which I would do when printing anyway.

[1] https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg06051.html