Re: Moving field-texts with connecting line to component; potential refining

On 13 February 2014 11:54, Vesa Solonen <vesa.solonen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 13/02/14 10:13, jp charras kirjoitti:
>> Le 13/02/2014 06:49, Henner Zeller a écrit :
>
>>> Are there some sample components in the regular library that I can use
>>> to test this with ?
>
> I don't know the current state, but some of my own IC libs use it.

mmh, but this doesn't sound like sufficiently diverging from how it
'should' be done.
Tyipcally they are all in the center for the reasons jp mentioned.

>> This origin is also the rotation center, and a reference for mirroring,
>> so it is expected to be at least inside the component body.
>
> I've been using last quadrant (top left) positioning for ICs that have
> pins on all edges. Pin ends on the axes. That way positioning stuff
> seems easier. I'd guess it only works for right handed though.

And it might make things behave very 'jumpy' if you rotate or mirror stuff.

> After some schematic symbol object work (as discussed in the archives)
> this would be easy to do by using "body" as a reference for component
> center.

Yeah, if we took the center of the 'body', this could help in these
cases, but details
might be: with or without pins ? What in complicated shapes ?

But instead of doing this, which would be working around an unintended
use-case, I tend more towards suggesting changing your libraries :)

> The current implementation is fine as it is.

Yes, the line will still visually connect to your component, which is
the most important thing to not 'loose' the association while
moving things around.

-h