About The KIWAY is getting wings: first trial on W7 and mingw32.

Le 15/02/2014 17:35, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

> eeschema and bitmap2component now build in the new Kiway branch.
> Other apps do not yet.

<...>

> I started with bitmap2component, which was easiest, then eeschema since I would not trip
> on scripting.

<...>

> As a development aid for running the debugger or for permanent construction, you can link
> the KIFACE and other object files with the program launcher, collapsing the two link
> images into one, e.g. a single *.EXE like before.  There is still a KIWAY in there, one or
> more.
>
> For milestone A) of the modular-kicad blueprint, there is to be a program launcher.  Its
> name is single_top.c.  It gets compiled multiple times and takes compiler command line
> #defines.  So in effect linking single_top to a kiface implementation gives you a way to
> build a program which is not discussed in milestone A).  bitmap2component uses this
> technique in this revision, i.e. single_top is linked directly to KIFACE implementation,
> and everything else.
>
> eeschema in this demo revision, is linked according to milestone A).  That means you have
> a eeschema.exe and _eeschema.kiface.  I have not had a problem stepping through a debug
> build of _eeschema.kiface on linux.  Just put a breakpoint at line 282 or so, the call to
> KIFACE::CreateWindow().
>
> eeschema probably has some minor problems still, library paths may still be screwed up.

<...>

> Dick

*Hat off, Dick.*

On W7, using mingw, I compiled and run Eeschema without any problem,
after a minor change in vector.h
(missing #include <vector> in vector.h, and I committed this change)

I have more trouble with bitmap2component,:
When compiled without "COMPILING_DLL" defined, I have the error message
you already know:

e:/kicad-launchpad/kiway/include/kiway.h:109:29: error: function
'KIFACE* KIFACE                             _1(int*, int, EDA_PGM*)'
definition is marked dllimport
 #define KIFACE_GETTER       KIFACE_1
                             ^
e:/kicad-launchpad/kiway/bitmap2component/bitmap2cmp_gui.cpp:616:19:
note: in ex                             pansion of macro 'KIFACE_GETTER'
 MY_API( KIFACE* ) KIFACE_GETTER(  int* aKIFACEversion, int
aKIWAYversion, EDA_P                             GM* aProcess )

If I define "COMPILING_DLL" for bitmap2cmp_gui.cpp, it compiles,links
and creates only bitmap2component.exe (as expected).

But when I run bitmap2component.exe, it complains for missing
_bitmap2component.kiface which, obviously, is not created.

Is it worth I spend some time about this issue ?

Thanks.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS