Re: Library Convention

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 06:44:20PM +0300, Vesa Solonen wrote:
> That kind of resize is almost within a normal printing error. Current
> system with mils is quite enough resolution when going strictly metric
> with 2.5 mm being divided in to 100 parts. Basic module would be 100
> internal units.

I have done most of the 60617 in eeschema, and it should be quite
accurate. The grid size (the dots in the 60617 specimens) is 50mils; if
you can look at the 60617-1 annex A there is a sample of a pot (symbol
04-01-07), on a module grid: the body is 3 modules (7.5 mm).

For comparison, this is my pot (should be what you wanted):

DEF POT R 0 30 N N 1 F N
F0 "R" 50 0 60 H V L CNN
F1 "POT" 0 -200 60 H V C CNN
F2 "Pkg" 0 -275 30 H V C CNN
F3 "" 0 0 50 H V C CNN
DRAW
S -150 -50 150 -150 0 1 0 N
P 3 0 1 0  0 -50  25 25  -25 25 F
X 1 1 200 -100 50 L 60 60 0 1 P
X 3 3 -200 -100 50 R 60 60 0 1 P
X W W 0 100 100 D 50 50 0 1 P
ENDDRAW
ENDDEF

Also I found useful to keep connection pitch of 100mil at minimum, and
best at multiples of 200mil, otherwise fanning out the wires is
difficult and labelling is not clear.

Tell me if you want them and where to put them; only analog and logic
are kept 'old style' because the IEC symbols frankly suck :D I prefer
a triangular opamp than a rectangle with a small gain symbol on the top.
Also, nobody seems to use them anyway:P

As a bonus I have ISO 5457 page layouts (with and without reference
grid) with ISO 7200 title blocks.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl