Re: KiCad road map.

On 19.05.2014 01:45, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
I finally got around to finishing up and committing the initial draft
KiCad road map.  You can build it into the standard developer
documentation by running `make doxygen-docs` or as a stand alone road
map by running `make dev-docs`.  I'm still not terribly thrilled with
the formatting but I'm not a CSS developer so I'll stick with the
default Doxygen formatting for now.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks a lot, great document!

I found one package missing (wrs to the CERN roadmap).

Improved DRC:
Depends on: geometry library
Goal: Additional DRC checks.
Plan:
- replace all existing geometry code with the new geometry library.
- ensure there is no floating point in any clearance-related calculations (rounding!).
- add DRC checks: component/silkscreen/mask clearance.
- fix polygon stitching issue
- remove DRC-related limitations such as no arcs/text on copper layers.
- on-line DRC (for less CPU-consuming checks).
- add option for saving/loading DRC rules settings

-- my 5 cents,
Tom