Re: KiCad road map.

Le 19/05/2014 10:55, Tomasz Wlostowski a écrit :
> On 19.05.2014 01:45, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> I finally got around to finishing up and committing the initial draft
>> KiCad road map.  You can build it into the standard developer
>> documentation by running `make doxygen-docs` or as a stand alone road
>> map by running `make dev-docs`.  I'm still not terribly thrilled with
>> the formatting but I'm not a CSS developer so I'll stick with the
>> default Doxygen formatting for now.
>>

> Hi Wayne,
>
> Thanks a lot, great document!
>
> I found one package missing (wrs to the CERN roadmap).
>
> Improved DRC:
> Depends on: geometry library
> Goal: Additional DRC checks.
> Plan:
> - replace all existing geometry code with the new geometry library.
> - ensure there is no floating point in any clearance-related
> calculations (rounding!).
> - add DRC checks: component/silkscreen/mask clearance.
> - fix polygon stitching issue
> - remove DRC-related limitations such as no arcs/text on copper layers.
> - on-line DRC (for less CPU-consuming checks).
> - add option for saving/loading DRC rules settings
>
> -- my 5 cents,
> Tom

Thanks, Wayne.

Tom,
For my info, what do you mean with "on-line DRC (for less CPU-consuming
checks)" ? (the current on-line DRC is not very CPU time consuming).

I am thinking one other package could be added to Gerber plot generation
+ Gerbview:
This is the "Gerber file function attribute".

see:
www.ucamco.com/files/downloads/file/5/Extending_the_Gerber_Format_with_Attributes.pdf
and:
www.ucamco.com/files/downloads/file/22/Kick_Starting_a_Revolution_IPC-2581_Meets_Gerber.pdf

(Karel Tavernier, the technical manager of Ucamco contacted me some time
ago about this extension).

A pending issue in current Gerber format is the fact you are never
surehow gerber files and stackup are related (mainly for internal layers).

This is an extension to add inside Gerber files
the ".FileFunction file attribute" which identifies the function of the
file.
Add also a "stackup" file descriptor ( see an idea in
Kick_Starting_a_Revolution_IPC-2581_Meets_Gerber.pdf), which could be
read by Gerbview to automatically load gerber files

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS