Re: CERN work package 4 (Extend number of layers)

On 06/04/2014 07:48 PM, Jean-Paul Louis wrote:
> Lorenzo and all,
>
> I see in your last very descriptive email, that the number of copper layers seems to be limited to 16.

Yes, not once in 20 years has KiCad supported more than 16 copper layers.  Sorry if this
is news.  Did the user manual mis-lead you?

What's underway here are design discussions that could change that limit in a hurry.

I don't see the coding as difficult.

Focusing the discussion will be the hardest part.  And if that cannot be done, then
nothing will happen.