Re: Static variables in module editor

> I clicked send, replying to Lorenzo's comment right when your next
> e-mail came. Sorry for that,

Thanks Tom, apology accepted.

Another thing we get by supporting multiple open projects and paste, is we are only one
step away (i.e. COPY) from having copy and paste across projects, and therefore libraries.

This is leaner than the current methodology of having to switch "current libraries" to
move a footprint from one to another.  And while yes code improvements could also have
brought this, what we're seeing with this multiple project approach is the footprint
movement support *without changing existing code* to any great extent.   That sounds like
free to me.

Just have to add paste, and copy.

I wanted paste so I can grab text from a page like this

  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KiCad/Transistors_SMD.pretty/master/sc70-6.kicad_mod

or this

  https://github.com/liftoff-sr/pretty_footprints/blob/master/100-LQFP.kicad_mod

from my browser using the browser's page COPY support, and then simply paste it into the
module editor.

BTW, notice:

1) the http links from this page to each footprint's raw format:

  https://github.com/liftoff-sr/pretty_footprints

2) The fp_lib_table fragment which facilitates rapid installation of this library into the
library table dialog editor.