Re: Static variables in module editor

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 04:55:10PM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Lorenzo, please read the modular kicad blueprint.  It clearly states that the python
> project manager opens more than one project, whereas single top and the C++ project
> manager have one KIWAY.  Each KIWAY has its own PROJECT.  All the windows in a project are
> tied to the same PROJECT in a KIWAY.  The C++ project manager and the single_top KIWAY,
> are both single instance.  The python project manager will have multiple KIWAYs, from
> KIWAY_MGR class.
>
> All the windows associated with a single PROJECT are given access to it, the PROJECT,
> through window DNA.  The actual DNA is the contents of KIWAY_HOLDER.
>
> The purpose of milestone B) is to get PROJECT renaming, opening, and creating, solid.
> These are not solid yet, we are only 50% through milestone B).
>
> The KIWAY window DNA is the KIWAY_HOLDER object, present now in all the wxWindows we use
> (except those in the C++ project manager which are ABOVE the KIWAY.)

OK, got that.

What if I want to do work without a project open, i.e. only to draw
modules for a library? What kind of project will pcbnew have access to?
Stuff the module in that project, as you said in the beginning.

BTW it will still works without a project manager like today i.e.
calling directly pcbnew/eeschema without passing from it?

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl