Re: Python Scripting Window event handling

Le 12/06/2014 17:14, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
> The keys I press when the focus is on the Python Scripting window seem to be filtered by
> some higher up handler in the pcbnew editor.
>
> For example, the 'o' key, and the 'x' key do not make it to the python console.  They
> cause a tool change in the pcbnew editor instead of allowing me add that character to the
> console command.

I made some other tests.

Seem it happens only when the Python console is docked (its default
position)

On wxWidgets 3.0 (tested both Windows and Linux) when it is not docked
(moved from its initial position) this issue does not happen anymore
(the console receives all keys).

Can you confirm this is also the case on wxWidgets 2.8.12 ?

If it works, a workaround is to make the Python console not dockable.
After some tests, I am thinking having the Python console not dockable
is even better than the current behavior (dockable panel everywhere
inside the main frame).

If this is acceptable, I'll commit this minor change, with a minor code
cleanup.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS