Re: New form of back annotation

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 09:34:46AM +0200, jp charras wrote:
> This is not really a bug, but a limitation of complex hierarchies.
> But is it really a limitation ?
> When your are using complex hierarchies you are doing that because you
> want your changes (schematic modification, change a component value, or
> a footprint name ...) made only once but reproduced 6 times on your board.

It would be somewhat silly to accept a different 'package' for each
submodule.  A different value could be remotely useful (for filter banks
or such kind of module), but IMHO it would be better to copy the whole
schematic page (i.e. not using a complex hier.). Seems a reasonable
limitation to me.

It could be useful if at least a warning could be given ("be careful
that your subsheet have a problem") but I'd would do nothing more than
that.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl