Re: New form of back annotation

Maybe my workflow in using Kicad is does not match the expectations of use
- but I avoid back-annotation from CvPCB because I generally populate
"footprint" with what should be regarded as "package" (0402, etc) and keep
this "wrong" usage throughout.  Back annotation from CvPCB (manual -
previous method) would overwrite my package designations on the schematic.
 I've thought about updating my library to include package properties (and
other properties I've "made up" such as INSTALL for part stuffing, etc).
 And perhaps Kicad has evolved since I started internally using it
"incorrectly" -- but, if not, it may be worthwhile to define some standards
and push these to the stock library/modules.

I point this out because perhaps how I fell into using Kicad is shared --
and perhaps there is something that can be modified in the software to
enforce or at least nurture the correct/expected usage (from the software's
perspective).

At any rate - back/forward annotation (primarily between PCBnew and
EESchema) are on my TODO list to reduce the click count -- something you're
accomplishing for CvPCB.  These are cases where I think enabling more
automation is a good thing as long as there's a lever to turn the
automation off.

Regards,
Jason