Re: bugs on mac install of kicad / libraries

On 07/21/2014 12:13 AM, Jake wrote:
> i downloaded a zip of a build for macOS containing KiCad 2014-05-31 BZR
> 4902-product (called "Kicad-product-2014-05-31.zip")
>
> I can't remember where I downloaded it though, and the official kicad page
> at http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/KICAD/Download leads to source (very
> difficult to build on macos) or packages that are quite old.
>
> so on to my problems.  Installing libraries was very difficult because the
> "sed" command on bsd does not support extended regex (the -r parameter)
> and sed is used by library-repos-install.sh to create a list of libraries
> to download.
>
> perhaps macOS after 10.6.7 has a version of sed that allows for -r
> extended regex?  If not, the command
> sed  's:.+ "KiCad/(.+)",:\1:'
> should be replaced with
> in library-repos-install.sh

This "patch" does not make any sense to me.

Just fix your copy and move on.  This is a one off.  Most MAC users will use the github
plugin anyways.

Playing dumb-down to the lowest common denominator gets old sometimes.

Give Apple a phone call and have them fix their sed.

Nobody has the time to test the patch, and then go batshit when it breaks the linux install.

Dick