Re: Config file relocation

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 08:26:46PM -0500, Moses McKnight wrote:
> I also did not mess with the fp-lib-table and it is still in the home
> directory.  I figured that one might be better there where it is easily
> opened and edited manually.

If I wanted to edit that manually I'd know where it's located. And in
the home is, quite simple, in the way :P

By the way, I always wondered... why using env vars instead of settings
in a config file? IIRC there were really angry people at the prospect of
having to set environment variables (which is, by the way, the usual way
of doing that on posix systems...)

Especially since Debian policy explicitly forbids to have applications
relying on them; I don't agree with that and they even patch in defaults
which is a Bad Thing(tm) for me:P

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl