Re: Config file relocation

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 07:56:16PM -0500, Moses McKnight wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to move the kicad config files in linux to a more "proper"
> location as defined by the FreeDesktop specification here:
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-0.6.html
>
> Specifically this would put the files in $HOME/.config/kicad.

Yay for not putting junk in the home :D having here the fp-lib-table is
really ugly. I don't care if it's .config/kicad or .kicad (I don't
really like many of the freedesktop standard) but having all the stuff
in one place is really better.

> At first I thought I could just change bin_mod.cpp, but figured out that
> there were three other places that would need changing as well to catch
> everything.  So I made a new function in common.h/.cpp called
> GetNewConfig(...) and changed the four other files to call that instead of
> creating a wxConfig() object.

Be warned: IIRC there were also serious issues on windows since the
config classes in wx are tied to the registry or something like that (I
tried to do that in the past, it didn't go well :D); careful checking is
needed.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl