Re: Config file relocation (new patch)

On 9/2/2014 11:29 PM, Moses McKnight wrote:
> I see what you're talking about with the column alignment.  Fixed that.
>
> The commented lines were where I commented out the original so I could
> easily put it back if needed when testing.  I've removed those now.
>
> Hopefully this is the final patch.
>
> I compiled on WinXP and this appears to work fine there.  Config files
> are now created in %APPDATA%\kicad
> For some reason I can't get pcbnew to run in WinXP because of an "Error
> importing the wxPython API!", and (error1402: invalid cursor handle.);
> but I don't think that's related to my patch.
>
> Thanks,
> Moses

Can someone please test this on OSX to make sure it doesn't cause any
issues before we commit it.  Also, kicad-install.sh calls `make
install_github_fp-lib-table` to install the global fp-lib-table.  I
cannot find the definition of install_github_fp-lib-table in any of the
kicad CMake files.  Where ever this is defined, it will need to be
changed to copy the global fp-lib-table to ~/.config/kicad.

Thanks,

Wayne

> On 09/02/2014 05:09 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
>> Minor note on coding style. According to 4.1.2 Column Alignment in the
>> coding style policy, I think that the lines just before +
>> wxConfigBase*   m_config;  should also be aligned accordingly. I know
>> in some files this was not the case before.
>>
>> You aslo added a commented line, is that intentional?
>> +    //m_common_settings = new wxConfig( KICAD_COMMON );
>>
>> also
>> +//#include <wx/config.h>
>>
>> Except for my code formatting comments, I would say that it is nice to
>> see some attention to the placement of fp-lib-table.
>>
>> Nick

>>> Ok, I've attached another patch against BZR 5112 which puts the
>>> fp-lib-table
>>> in ~/.config/kicad on linux, and should put all the config files in
>>> %APPDATA%/kicad in windows.  This seems to work fine in Linux, and
>>> when my
>>> WinXP vm finally gets kicad compiled I'll test there as well.
>>>
>>> I did not actually use the %APPDATA% environment variable - since the
>>> code
>>> for the fp-lib-table just used