vanishing technical layers

I noticed that F/B Courtyards and Fab layers disappear from the
layer list after making changes in DesignRules->LayersSetup.
I have to touch the dialog boxes and other code to add the
Underlay1/2 layers for reconstructing PCB layouts from images,
so I can work on this and even submit a patch separately if
that's preferred (after all I have no idea if my proposed
Underlay patch will be accepted).

My question is, how do we want these layers to behave? Do we
want to control their enabled/disabled state via the Layers
Setup GUI or is it better for them to be permanently visible?

- Cirilo

Follow ups