Re: OSX Build changes.

On 9/28/2014 12:31 PM, Bernhard Stegmaier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as Wayne already mentioned below I made some major changes to the
> creation of OSX application bundles in the build process.
> The most obvious is that now only one application bundle is created
> which starts the kicad launcher.
> From there you can go anywhere else.
> The created bundle now is (should be) completely relocatable, so you can
> just put it anywhere you want as with other OSX apps.
> All the pre-delivered templates, etc. have been moved into the bundle
> and should be found from there.
> Command-Line tools are still contained (and accessible via e.g.
> /Applications/kicad.app/Contents/MacOS/idf…).
>
> I have uploaded a sample dmg image here:
>   http://ul.to/ypsk7m41
> What you see in the dmg is 1:1 what is created in the build process now…
> this should make packaging and distributing automated builds very easy
> in future.

I looked at the file layout and it looks good.  At some point we should
add the documentation, component libraries, and 3D models (possibly
footprint libraries if the user does not want to use the github plugin).
 This would be a complete install of KiCad.  The footprint libraries can
be loaded via the github plugin.  Is it possible to set local
environment variables in a bundle?  It might be a good idea to set the
kicad environment variables so that the user doesn't have to mess with them.