Re: Finally!

On 5 October 2014 00:18, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here is a another teaser of the mingw64 version of kicad showing the
> wxPython shell so it appears to be working.

Hi Wayne,

There's no reason it shouldn't work really, KiCad-Winbuilder uses
mingw-w64 and builds fine with wxPython (Well, the wxwidgets-cmake
project I did for it: https://launchpad.net/wxwidgets-cmake ).

By the way, is the MSYS python okay when not being run in a POSIX
environment? I'm sure it is and in which case it removes the need for
Python-a-mingw-us, but Python-a-mingw-us is still the only MinGW
compiled python distribution outside of MSYS as far as I'm aware. This
is obviously essential for us when packaging KiCad for windows.

What we do need to think about when generating a stable release for
Windows is the packaging of dependencies. Python brings with it a lot
of dependency requirements. I don't think cpack will be able to handle
our installer very well if we choose to include python (which I am
assuming we will have to).

I'm very glad to see you've got the python console up and running! :D

Best Regards,

Brian.