Re: [RFC]: Make hotkey editor polished

On 10/6/2014 11:52 PM, Mark Roszko wrote:
> New changes pushed to branch
> (https://code.launchpad.net/~mark-roszko/kicad/kicad), the interface
> has been revised a bit more heavily.
> Sections are now split into tabs!. This helps immensely bringing
> attention to different set of keys easily rather than a large list.
> The selection logic has been tweaked to use the native wxwidget
> selection cursor instead of bolding. Also no more bolding of sections
> titles. Your dream come true Wayne! :P

Trust me when I tell you my dreams are much bigger than that! :).  I
wonder why the original implementation used bolding for emphasis when
the highlighting seems much more obvious.  Your changes look good.  I
would drop the [] around the tab names, use capitalization for the tab
names, and change "libedit" to "Library Editor" (or something other than
an abbreviation).  If you find more of these abbreviations, please fix
them to something sensible.  I've been trying to get rid of them because
a user is going think "What's a libedit?".  It's a bit like playing
whac-a-mole.  You fix one, and three more pop up.

> Preview of UI: http://i.imgur.com/cfgq5mU.png
>
> TODO:
> 1. Fix overwrite detection between "common" tab and other section
> tabs. Right now overwrite detection is constrained to the keys in the
> same list/tab.

I would like to see this one implemented before the patch is committed.
 I think it's a good idea to prevent users from inadvertently setting
duplicate hot keys.  These kinds of fixes cut down on bug reports.