Re: Build for software rendering only?

This might be unrelated, but on most recent Macbook Pros there are two
video cards, the Intel integrated GPU and a discrete, more powerful but
more power hungry GPU.  Usually you'll run on the lower power Intel GPU,
unless an application (or external monitor) requires the discrete GPU to
turn on.  Currently, OpenGL mode in PCBNew requires the discrete card to
turn on, but I'm curious if that's actually necessary.  If it works with
just the integrated GPU you could still use hardware rendering, assuming it
has the required OpenGL extensions (which I think it does?).

I'm not certain how this works, but it requires the use of an Info.plist
file in the app bundle directory.  See:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/qa/qa1734/_index.html

I might try to play around with this a little bit myself, but I'm not
really sure how to get the Info.plist file to even be recognized, so it
might take a while.